Sunday, October 18, 2009

SSHP03 - Make a Scene

I did this homey Christmas scene for Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential. The challenge this week was to make a scene! You can find that challenge: HERE

I had a lot of fun doing this one and used a mixture of stamps. Each piece was stamped on Papertrey Ink paper, colored with Copic Markers and cut out. Most pieces have pop dots behind them to give a little bit of a 3-D look. I cut the middle of the Fireplace out and doubled the pop dots behind the outer piece to make an inset for the fire. The ball has Diamond Glaze on it to make it shiny. (the first time I’ve used it, so don’t look to closely or you’ll find that little bubble I missed!)

What I used:
Stamps: Fireplace, fire, stocking, and tree are all from C.C. Designs; Chihuahua, ball, and wood flooring are from Hanna Stamps; Sentiment is from Papertrey Ink
Paper: Stamped on Papertrey Ink, DP by Webster’s Pages
Ink: Stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, Colored with Copic Markers
Accents: DMC thread, Diamond Glaze, Black dot (hanging picture)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Donelda said...

super cute scene!! I love the fire popping out from the black and the cute little dog!!

Darlene said...

WOW ... this is fantastic! I just LOVE this scene ... very creative! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! I look forward to seeing more of your creations in the weeks to come! Awesome job this week!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! Such a warm and inviting scene!! I just love this fun Christmas scene you've created!! Beautiful coloring and such adorable details!! Thanks for sharing your creative card with at Saturday Spotlight and playing along!! :) HUGS

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute holiday scene.

Jacqueline said...

How cute! Great job with the flooring!!

Cathy said...

Kimberley, Love your Christmas scene.

Melodie said...

This is fantastic.
Greetings
Melodie

Jessica G. said...

Perfect holiday scene, down to the wallpaper DP! Thanks for playing in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful Holiday scene!! Love the dp wallpaper. Too clever. Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight this week!

Erin... said...

Fabulous scene! I just want to cuddle up in front of the fire. Glad you could join us at Saturday Spotlight this week:)